Sunday 14 September 2008

Hain "No" campaign

This will come as a blow to those conspiracy theorists in who always suspected that the summit of Peter Hain's political ambition was to end his career in the Welsh Assembly.

The former Welsh Secretary has ruled out what Glyn Davies describes as a "free transfer" to the Assembly. “It’s complete nonsense. It’s a silly season fabrication. I was on holiday and my office told me about this nonsense.”

It was always a ridiculous story on so many levels, as I may have pointd out once or twice. Mr Hain has previously ruled out a Labour/Plaid coalition only to see one happen but I think we can take today's statement as a pretty definitive "no".

The rest of us will just have to struggle on with the realisation that you can't believe everything you read in the newspapers - or indeed in the blogosphere.

No comments: