Monday 5 October 2009

Snubbed again?

Time to press the F5 button for those with "snub to Wales" stored on their computer keyboard?

David Cameron told BBC Scotland he'd visit Edinburgh during his first week as Prime Minister.

So, I asked him, would we see PM Cameron in Cardiff in week one?

"I can't set out my diary in advance but be in no doubt; I visit Wales regularly, I take my responsibilities in Wales extraordinary seriously, it is something I will want to do."

"I regularly visit Wales and I want devolution to work. I want there to be a good relationship between the First Minister of Wales and the Assembly and the UK Parliament.

"I would make myself available to answer questions in the Welsh Assembly. I think Welsh Assembly Ministers should be able to come to Westminster and answer questions and vice versa."

I can think of at least one Assembly Government Minister who wouldn't think that was a great idea.

Mr Cameron also spoke of his idea for a "Council of the Nations" involving the PM and the FMs from Cardiff, Edinburgh and Northern Ireland.

The annual meeting would discuss "issues about how we keep the family of the UK together."

I can think of at least one First Minister, and three deputies, from the extended family who wouldn't be too keen on that agenda.

3 comments:

Che Grav-ara said...

"David Cameron told BBC Scotland he'd visit Edinburgh during his first week as Prime Minister.
So, I asked him, would we see PM Cameron in Cardiff in week one?

"I can't set out my diary in advance but be in no doubt; I visit Wales regularly, I take my responsibilities in Wales extraordinary seriously, it is something I will want to do."

So to get this right he can see far enough in his diary to book in Scotland but not far enough for Walesw. that makes perfect sense??

Anonymous said...

Says it all really , he will send his Welsh Secretary -our Cheryl instead I expect.that is even worse
may be he would have a better relationship with Wales and the Welsh Tories ,if he had some one as Welsh Secretary who gave a damn about Wales

Anonymous said...

Don't wind him up David. Remember he's got to find something for John Redwood to do after the election.