Wednesday 23 January 2008

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello

I haven't seen so many police on the streets since, ooh I don't know when.

The Police Federation estimates that more than 18,000 officers and their supporters took the day off to march the streets of London in protest at their pay rise.

Not all those marching were officers taking time off from catching criminals. I spotted one Welsh lobbyist (sorry, "public affairs consultant") marching in the crowd.

Even the Police Federation, it seems, can't put their own case in our democracy without paying someone else for advice on how to get their message across.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who was it, stallard?

Anonymous said...

"I know....'cos I was there!!"....From: Mark Hinge....www.public-affairs.co.uk (on behalf of clients Police Federation).